Tuesday, November 8, 2005

It's a boy!

First few seconds of the ultrasound he was a wiggle worm, waving his hands like crazy. That's good...we like cooperation. Not for long. He's stubborn like his dad. Okay, maybe more like his mom....always the photographer, never the photographed. 1. The umbilical cord was wedged between his legs. At first this was good news for me. I asked the tech if she saw 3 little lines and she said nope. (darn it!) I told her I wasn't going to buy the fact it's a boy until I had better proof. : ) I got that later when he flashed all his glory. 2. From then on, he kept both hands in front of his face. It reminded me of a boxer. It looked like he was ready for a right jab and a left uppercut at any moment. 3. JT is laying with his head on the left side and his butt and legs are up to the right. This explains my lopsided belly. 4. After pushing, prodding and poking to get a good face shot of the little pistol, he flipped over. So now he's facing my back. The last 20 minutes of the ultrasound are spent looking at his little butt. Too cute!! 5. I told Kevin and his mom that this little boy sure is smart - he's already kissing mommy's butt. : ) Because my scan was done at 18w3d she wasn't able to get a complete and thorough look at the heart or get a good look at his face. Everything looked good for the most part but I will have another done in December at my next appointment. In 4 weeks there will be a great deal of development and should show up clearly. If JT doesn't cooperate next time, he's grounded.

No comments: