Tuesday, March 14, 2006
36 weeks 3 days
Protein check was clear, blood pressure is still great at 112/62 and I didn't gain any weight! The nurse wrote the weight down wrong so when the doctor came in she looked a little surprised - "Either you're really sick or you're starving yourself. You're not supposed to be LOSING weight at this point". I told her I watched the nurse write it down wrong but I didn't want to correct her in front of the other nurses. I'm not sick or starving myself. You can ask my husband and the empty cupboards.
As the doctor was getting ready for the cervix check she warned me that most ladies at 36 weeks and even 37 weeks are not dilated or effaced so please don't be upset if I wasn't. I said quietly, "you'll be surprised" because, I swear, I've felt changes happening. Granted, I could just be crazy from the hormones. Lo and behold, yours truly is dilated 1 cm and effaced between 40-50%.
In essence, my chance of going past my due date is slim. My chance of delivering on my estimated due date is good. My chance of delivering a week or so early is greater!
With an estimated weight gain of 1/2 pound per week for JT, we can guesstimate birthweight between the high side of 7 lbs 14 oz - 8 lbs 8 oz.
Care to place a wager? : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment