Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Not much progress

Before I get started, I'll be talking about some gross stuff in here so if you're easily offended - find another web page. Also, I'm super crabby today so bear with me on my mood. Last night I got super excited because I started losing my mucus plug and had a little bloody show. If you don't already know, the mucus plug is what blocks the cervix after you get preggers so germs don't get in there. Once your cervix starts dilating, the plug sort of falls out. It can happen all at once or come out little by little. And even more interesting, if you lose it too early it can grow back! Anyhoo, my plug started it's trip out last night. When I told Kevin about it, he squinched up his face and said something to the effect of, "i don't like to hear about that". I laughed and laughed and asked what he was going to do when I was in the middle of delivery and stuff would be gushing out of me. He's either going to be passed out on the floor or staring at the wall behind my head. So docs appointment today - and I'm bummed. Let's start with the good news. My BP is 122/62. The End. Now let's get to the stuff that's bummed me out. Last week I was 1 cm and 40-50%. This week I'm not quite at 2cm and 50%. She then gave me what I guess was a compliment when she said I had a great cervix and induction would be easy if we had to. (no thanks). "I wouldn't be surprised if you go into labor at week 38 or 39". That doesn't make me too happy. I wanted to hear her say, "call your husband and have him meet you next door, you'll have a baby within 24 hours!" As for JT, heartbeat is 130-135 and then the doc poked around my belly and somehow was able to weigh him with her fingertips - "yep, that's about 7 pounds now..good, good...." What did I get instead? A lot more snot in my drawers on each trip to the bathroom and a sour mood. P.S. The cow did not shut up last night. P.S.S. Since I'm never going to sleep again, I'm going to walk non-stop until JT comes.

No comments: