Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter

Easter basket from Grandma J.
(Complete with more clothes, toys and money to start his piggy bank)
I guess we're not the typical parents. We haven't even considered dressing him up in silly clothes, rabbit ears or taking him to sit on a ginormous rabbit's lap at a mall. Or do they even do that anymore? Instead, we're content to watch the baseball game, do laundry, mow the acre, and everyone's favorite activity - feeding the Monkey boy! He's enjoying his swing right now and it appears to be the first time he's noticed the spinning mobile above him. It took him about 6 tries to look up and keep his focus there but now he's staring at it like it's the best thing in the world. I take that back. 4 wheeling is the best thing in the world. I took JT out for his first stroller ride around the neighborhood. For those of you who know where I live, you'll understand why I said 4 wheeling. I thought the ride on the driveway was bumpy. No sir! The next stretch of road proved quite jostling. I wish I had taken my camera to capture his expression - his hands thrown up by his head and face squished up and eyes closed tightly. As if doing so would smooth out the road. We didn't quite make it all the way down to the main road but almost. It's still about 80 degrees outside at 7:00 so that quick jaunt was enough for us. I must have shook all the dinner out of him because it's that time again.

No comments: