Monday, April 24, 2006
Styes, eyes and videotape
Never to be outdone, I've gone ahead and am now sporting a stye on my left eye. At least I think it's a stye. Anyway, rubbing goop in JT's eyes wasn't good enough. Now I slather JT's eyes with his medicine, then settle him in for a round of feeding while I balance him on a pillow and hold a heated gel pack to my eye until I see nothing but haziness. Let's see how my eye is in a few days. If it's not better by the end of the week it's time for a doctors visit that doesn't involve undressing. (yay!)
JT has gotten even better at tracking stuff. It's nice to see him watching stuff move from left to right without him doing a bobble-head impersonation. And his crazy arms aren't as crazy anymore. Only when's he getting fussy do they wiggle but now his got some pretty fluid movement in them.
No, no videotape here. I wonder if we're the only new parents that do not have a video camera to record the poo's and the bath's and the rolling over moments. We've done okay without one so far but what about when he starts crawling? It's hard to capture that moment with a still photo. And when he starts walking? It'll look like he's playing a game of freeze tag (remember that?).
For those following along, the feedings haven't gotten any better as far as the frequency. Although my body is now adjusted to the evening/middle of the night feedings. From early evening until about midnight he's feeding for 1/2 hour and then a break for 30 minutes to an hour. Then after midnight feeding he'll sleep for 3 hours and then proceed to run on a 2 hour schedule.
I tell you what, if I knew where he kept his internal clock I'd reset it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i feel for you on the eating. jake clusters all morning, and then it tapers off around 1. i applaud you, i would die if it was all day. literally die.
Post a Comment