Sunday, April 30, 2006

Who opened the flood gates?

So it's been awhile since I've posted. Thursday seems like a lifetime ago but not a lot has happened, at least not to me. On Friday the family packed up for a cross country trip to Cedar Park so JT could attend his first 30th birthday party.
The birthday girl, Katharine, and her littlest boyfriend.
We got about 1/4 mile from the house and I stopped and said, "we only have 2 diapers". I pulled over and checked the bag and we had 5. We decided that was how long we'd stay, until we ran out of diapers. We started off again and about 5 miles later realized I forgot the birthday gift. I'm going to blame that one on the lingering hormones. So we turned around and headed back home for the gift. An hour and a half later we landed at the party and settled in. He slept through most of it, but then again he wasn't out smoking and having wine with the rest of the guests. He and I stayed in the house and ate. He got the milk, I got the chocolate raspberry truffle cake. (to die for!) It was one of my first group events where I wasn't out smoking with the rest of them. I haven't smoked since July 18th. I still really really want to have one and would even like to be the casual smoker but I can't do it. I've tried that rationale before and it only leads to buying cartons. I will continue to be a non-smoker for myself, my husband and my son. I've got a lot of living left to do and I'll be damned if I'm hooked up to an oxygen tank when my son is playing t-ball. I've got to have the lung capacity to cheer him on. So we stayed until we ran out of diapers and left around 1:00am. Friday night was the first time he slept for longer than 3 hours. He slept from 11:30 until 3:30. Too bad I wasn't in bed for the entire time. We left the party at 1 and got home a little after 2 and into bed at 3. Another time, perhaps. JT and I have started waking up around 7:00. I really don't care for that and will have to try to come to some sort of understanding with him. But I supposed he's getting me trained for when my "free time" is over and I have to return to work. Speaking of - Hey, Hartford! It'd be nice to know when you're going to stop paying me so I can plan accordingly! I digress. So we're waking up around 7 in the morning and on Saturday I turned him over to his back (he's sleeping on his side silly people. I know its called BACK TO SLEEP for a reason.) Anyhoo, I turned him over and lo and behold, he's inherited yet another annoying thing from his mother. The overwhelming capacity of drool. I'm not talking cute little trickle. I'm talking about the drool level that puddles on the sheet. Gross and cute all at the same time! I didn't realize until the flood gates opened that he didn't produce drool before that point. Maybe he did and it was just in smaller quantities but holy moses - that's a lot of spit. In addition to the early morning rousings, every morning he's getting a little more chatty and active. He'll lay there and wiggle his little arms up around his head and wave. I tell him every time that Dad doesn't wake up until 9 so don't bother. But he does. And then he grunts, farts and laughs. It's pretty funny. What's not so funny is when Dad thinks it's me. [Note to self: stop putting JT on your right. Avoid the blame.] I need to wrap up this post and update later: the little man is waving at me from his swing. Seems there's a present in his pants for me.

1 comment:

Lora said...

gotta love it when the spit comes in. next are the tears, and your heart will break...