Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Yes!
Shhhh....it's almost 10:52 and Monkey Boy is still sleeping in his swing. I think this is the latest he's slept in weeks. What would be even more spectacular is if I knew what time he went to sleep. All I know is Kevin and I have had some time to be adults and just hang out and for that to happen JT needs to be sleeping for a minimum of 2 hours. Now that I think of it, he last ate at eight so that would put sleepy time right at 8:30. He's moaned and groaned a few times at us and I even caught him peeking at us. He opens one eye and then eases the other open just a little bit. And once I say Hello! he quickly shuts them. It's like he's trying to fool me. Silly guy - I'm your mom. I not only have super sonic hearing (ask my peeps at work) but I have super duper good vision.
The clock just chimed 11 times. A two and a half hour rest. We just might have a new record.
I was planning on giving him a bath tonight but I think that's going to be put aside for tomorrow. We'll need to get him smelling good like a baby should for his Aunt Rinny's birthday party on Friday. I can't imagine he smells bad considering all the sleeping he does. It's not as if he's out baling hay or rolling in the burrs with the dogs. But we can't have him going to a party where Miss Rinny's other boyfriend will be. Granted, the competition has 8 months on us but we still need to make a good impression. And for goodness sake, there will be people there that haven't had the pleasure of meeting our Monkey yet. Best to be prepared and freshly bathed.
11:09 and we still have the living room to ourselves. Wait. I take that back. He's started the swing moving and I'm hearing some heavy grunts. This only means he's filling his pants which is his new wake-up call. I don't need an alarm clock anymore. The grunts, farts and subsequent smell of this little man are what wake me up nowadays.
Okay - I take back what I said about him probably not smelling bad. : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment