Monday, May 1, 2006
Another first
Last night JT and I were sitting on the couch happy as clams. Me, more so, because I had devoured almost half a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos while he napped. What I eat gets to JT so if I'm eating junk food, he's eating junk food. I guess it wasn't the most nutritional lunch for myself or him but the healthy yogurts sitting in the fridge didn't jump out as far as the chips did. This girl can't say no to a chip.
So now we were bouncing and giggling at each other. Again, me doing the giggling. He tends to roll his eyes the other way and then do a belated smile. He would do a little fussy face and flop his mouth onto my nose, chin and land on my mouth. It's a little ticklish when he tries to suck your lips and whimper at the same time.
I thought it odd that there was a strong odor of ranch around me. I had brushed my teeth and washed my hands so I wouldn't smear the spices on JT and mistakenly eat him later. But it was undeniably Cool Ranch breath when he landed his little mouth on mine.
He was a little gassy, too. And while his poo doesn't normally smell anything other than stinky, again we had the chip smell. Just great! I continued to pat his little back for a burp and got nothing but whimpers so I attributed that to the gas. I turned him over, I turned him the other way. I balanced him on my legs, I laid him down on my legs. We bounced a little more. He was finally quiet and quite content. I thought I finally had my chance to grab some water and sit him in the swing so I picked him up and felt wet on my left arm.
Not just wet. And I'm not talking pee here. I'm talking a full blown (out) diaper from the side. It was sticking out one side of his pants, on my shirt and jammies and arm. Poor Kevin just got back and all I could do was stand there in the hallway and say help. He said Eww, too, and took JT to get cleaned up while I went to clean up myself.
I've put away the Cool Ranch chips until he stops breastfeeding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
this is so funny, because i had some doritos for the first time in well over a year last night. i forgot how good they were. i meant to have one, but i had several, and this morning, i cleaned up a dorito diaper!
i don't know what they put in those things that can last thru my digestion, breastmilk production, and jake's digestion, but it scares me and i too am giving them up until my insides are the only ones rotting from my indulgence!
Post a Comment