Monday, May 22, 2006
Birthday goodies
So we didn't have our steak. And we didn't dine on salmon. We were both still full from our late lunch and by the time we looked at the clock it was 9:30. I suggested skipping the fancy meal for tomorrow night and we could just snack on whatever tempted us. For me, that was a granola bar and some Gatorade.
It was only fitting that since I now had my new fancy schmancy bath pillow and shower gloves, that I should have a clean tub to relax in. Kevin set out to clean it out and it goes to show how long it's been since he's cleaned the tub that he had to ask where the cleaner was.
He was gone for a good 20 minutes and I begin to understand why he didn't clean the tub if it really took him that long. He finally came out and had the trash can with him and he picked out the dead flowers from the Mother's Day bouquet. Off he went, took the garbage outside and then asked what relaxing cd I'd like to listen to. Wow! It took me two seconds to find Enya and pass it to him.
JT finished feeding and I was instructed to not go into the bathroom until JT was good and asleep so I could relax without hearing any screaming. I used up all my "good baby, sleepy baby" wishes on this one moment. Ten minutes lapsed and I was ready to go.
"Don't come back out until you're done in there!" were my parting instructions from Kevin. I walked into the bathroom to see the floor covered in flower petals, a shiny clean tub (and sink!) and my pillow already suctioned to the tub.
I went to the bedroom door and stopped inside the room but yelled down the hallway to him. Somehow yelling my thanks through the house wasn't good enough so as I walked down the hall I said, "I don't always follow instructions or listen very well" and came and gave him a giant hug and kiss. How sweet was he.
I just finished my hour long soak. I have to admit that this was a pretty aok birthday afterall. It started out shaky but like Denise mentioned, she likes to read about my happy endings. So Denise, here's your happy ending for tonight. A loving husband, an innocent baby who probably loves me more than my husband, a sweet and loyal puppy and the perfect gifts for me...a massage, a massage membership, bath goodies and new super soft towels.
How lucky can one girl be?
(cute pictures from tonight will be posted in the morning)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment