Tuesday, May 2, 2006
Giving in
I really wanted to continue laying in bed this morning. JT woke me up around 6 and struggled to get himself latched for 40 minutes. I finally gave up and gave in. We hauled ourselves out of bed and went to change his diaper. Now...if all diaper changes were like the first morning ones there'd be a whole heckuva lot less ear damage. Monkey boy lays there and coos at the curtains, giggles at I don't know what and knocks around the little rattle by his head.
My kid is amazing. I know that's every parents sentiment and now I understand why. There's just not one thing that makes him so incredible. It's the tiny dimple in his left cheek. It's the size of those cheeks. It's his little turned up nose. It's the way he reserves a certain smile and giggle for me early in the morning. It's the way his fingers curl around my one. It's the fake cry that makes me laugh each time he uses it. It's his little monkey toes.
I fell more in love with him last night as I held him while he slept. I stared at him for so long I started to cry. I can't believe the love he makes me feel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment