Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Hmmm

I haven't posted since Thursday when I first started my meds. I'm surprised I was motivated enough to post the pictures on Friday but I did. And truth be told, I'm feeling better and just last night was my first real hard time. It was a long day with never ending feedings (again) and a tired mom makes for a tired baby makes for a long night. So did I do anything exciting over the long holiday weekend? Nothing but think about the days of old when Gracie and I would have our Turning 30 birthdays at the lake for the weekend. It was always a great time, even with the thunderstorms that always came through the second day. But like every great story, with the sunshine a little rain must fall. We stayed around the house, did loads and loads of laundry since it's been sitting around the house for much too long. That was the highlight of my day yesterday. Wash, hang on the line, throw in the dryer to fluff and then fold. Rinse and repeat. I've never taken clothes down so fast in my life as when the big dark clouds rolled in and started pelting me. Of course as soon as the half dry clothes were in the house the rain stopped. We played with the video camera. And I'm here to tell you my video shoots are as interesting as my camera pictures. Swing, aquarium rocker thing or Baby Einstein play mat. Those are your background choices. Kevin got in the role of director last night while I was giving JT a bath. I played a bit with Movie Maker and got the video sent to a couple friends. Blogger doesn't give the option to publish those here so the vids are reserved for family and friends that are considered family - you know who you are. So we're tired of having this kid of ours sleeping in bed with us. More importantly, I'm tired of sharing my half of the king size bed with JT. He's not only a sideways sleeper, he's a chatterbox. His grunting vocabulary has increased in the last few weeks to near record levels. He pulls his arms up to his ears, arches his back and pulls his knees up to his chest and starts moaning and groaning. There's a bit of the horse whinny and his vocalings sounds a bit German. Very gutteral. I guess the next few nights we're going to start putting him to bed in his crib and it'll be my pleasure (said with bit o' sarcasm) to be JT's beck and call girl. Kevin and I have a hard enough time letting him cry for 5 minutes so this is going to be interesting. I'm determined to stick to the plan and carry this through. Y'all better pray for sanity in the coming weeks! It's Tummy Time for the little munchkin and time for me to drag the last of the laundry off the line.

1 comment:

Rinny said...

I can tell from your words that you are feeling better. I am glad. Usually takes 1-2 weeks to take full effect. Glad you are feeling a little more yourself.