Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The last day

Today is my last day at home with my Cheeky Monkey. I dreaded getting out of bed this morning and refuse to get dressed. It's noon and I'm still sitting in my robe. Kevin and I sat on the couch this morning just watching JT fall asleep in his swing. He commented about some days he's close to crying just from how much he loves him. I agree. I watched him wriggle around in the swing, watched his face go through all the expressions he has before he falls asleep. My eyes teared up when he smiled in his sleep (he gets that from me) and finally settled in for the nap. "I'm going to miss him tomorrow" "I know you will..." I was so excited to get back to work. Eager for the familiar routine of my job and getting back to the people I consider part of my extended family. Anxious to "have to" shower each day, put on some makeup and get dressed. Now that the day has come, I have reservations. It's not that I'm worried about leaving JT..he and his dad will do fine. It may take some getting used to, for the both of them, but they will have their own routine established in a few days. I'm sad that I'm headed back to work just when JT's personality is starting to emerge. When he's not just feeding, pooping and sleeping. Now is when he's starting to bat at things, trying desperately to grab onto toys, turning his head and body from side to side to watch things going on in the room. He's starting to giggle and chatter at random things like the blue curtain in his room, the Bedard print in our bedroom and the not so random things like his mom and dad. That big gummy grin that makes his whole head tilt back and brings that left dimple out. And those cheeks....

No comments: