Monday, May 8, 2006
Say my name
It dawned on me last night that I don't have a first name anymore.
Now I'm known as Mom, Momma, Mama Mia, Mommy and other such names evoking the same idea.
My first name has somehow ceased to exist.
Even the baggers at the grocery store and gas stations are calling me Ma'am and Mommy.
As much as this is a shock to my system, I'm guilty of doing the same to my husband. He looked at me crazy like the other night when I called him by his birth name.
Yep. We're parents now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Now, about 50-70% of those apply to me too. I was born in 1976, but remember the 80s better. But I did have a bike with a pink banana seat, and the strawberry gooey roll on lip gloss was my favorite. So, I guess my next stop is parenthood, huh?
Love you!!
Oh, by the way. Your name is Jori.
Jori Elizabeth if I remember correctly!
I promise to use it as frequently as I use momma. Deal?
Love you!
Post a Comment