Monday, June 19, 2006
I've lost track of time
My friend called me the other friday. I can't be sure if it was this last Friday or the Friday before last. Either way, I never returned her call and I emailed her a short while ago and confessed to my error. I feel bad.
I also think I had signed up for a get together? A friend of mine put together a meeting of a bunch of ladies to get together once a month for whatever reason. To play cards, do pottery, go to a movie, whatever. I skipped April because JT had just arrived. May was out because of a wedding that same day and if I think back real hard I guess I signed up for Saturday. Needless to say I didn't make it. I enjoyed looking at the pictures of the folks who went and never did it dawn on me that I should have been there. I guess I need a better reminder about when I'm supposed to be out enjoying the company of other women.
Another oops? I sent an email to my department looking for my headphones so I could do some monitoring of recorded calls. Couldn't find them for the life of me. After a bit of ribbing from a co-worker I decided to go check another room that I was in last week. Sure enough, there they were.
I still have pregnant brain. Does it ever end? Will my memory ever be what it used to be? I have to use a timer to remember my pills each day. How sad is that, relying on an alarm so I don't end up pregnant and depressed. : )
Father's Day. It wasn't my day so not much to report on there. I bought Kevin tickets that are doubling as Father's Day/Birthday gift. We're going to see the Black Crowes, Robert Randolph and The Family Band and last but not least, the Drive-By Truckers. It's going to be hotter than all get out at 6:00 pm in the Texas heat.
Life is getting easier as I'm adapting to the medicine and my new routine. I think we're back to the 6 am wake up call which is a double edged sword. The downside is that I'm still half asleep while JT's having a blast, the upside is I have time to get ready in the morning. I don't think I fixed my hair once last week. It was either in a clip thingee or under a baseball cap. I promised myself last night to have enough time today to take my time and get ready. And I did. I got Kevin up at 8:30 and ended up with enough time to get my lunch made and be out the door on time.
I was up at 6:30 with the Monkey, got him changed out of his jammies and into his (first of many) daytime outfit and out into the living room. We stood around for a few minutes and let our eyes adjust to the light of the sun pouring in the front window. He buried his head in my shoulder (which is one of the best things on earth) and cooed for a bit. I think it's adorable. He's probably just trying to get the eye boogers out of his eyes. I picked up the living room a little bit and let him play on his little boat/aquarium thing. The TV was still on KLRU (PBS for the rest of you) from last night and Sesame Street was on. It didn't take two seconds for JT to turn his head and learn the Spanish Word of the Day - Por Favor.
"What's the word?" "Please." "I know, what's the word of the day, what does por favor mean?" "Please." "Please what?"
It was as bad as the Who's on First routine but JT smiled at the screen like they were the funniest sentences ever said. Kevin and I talked about this whole watching TV business. Kids don't need to be taught to watch TV. The sound and lights are enough to draw them in. He brough up the Teletubbie scandal. Not the idea of one of them being gay, but the idea that the big brains behind the Tubbies wanted to market something to get an audience under 2 to watch. Are you kidding me? It hasn't gotten any better really....last year the discussion between a bunch of us at work was the cell phone industry marketing to kids under 10. I find the whole thing a little riduculous but then again I'm new at this parenting stuff.
On the plus side, he enjoys sitting on his dads lap, tucked in the crook of his arm to watch sports with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I certainly don't speak from experience, but from what I have been told, the mother mind happens to all new mothers. I look forward to it! In the mean time, you do whatever you need to. Alarm clocks, post its on the bathroom mirror *my personal favorite for remembering things, calendar, palm pilot, whatever you need sunshine!
i have an alarm too. you'd think that the baby would be a constant reminder, but no.
we tune into boohbahs at our house, they are marketed for an audience YOUNGER than the 'tubbs. scary
Post a Comment