Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sleeping with the fishes

Or so he should be. JT and I have been up since a little after three and it appears that there's no end in sight Wriggle, cry, squirm, eat, babble and repeat. I gave up and came out to the living room about 30 minutes ago. It's 4:37. I've put together the bottles for the day and came back to the living room to check on the Monkey. He was sitting there quietly (for the first time in nearly 2 hours) just staring in the darkness. I flipped open my phone to use as a nightlight to make my way across the living room floor to see what he was doing. Nothing. Just sitting there. I hit the restart button which got the mobile of underwater buddies spinning and the globe glowing again. Even a baby looks creepy with fushia, green and yellow cast on him in an otherwise dark room. He's content to sit there in his diaper, a lightweight blanket wrapped loosely around him and with a good handful shoved into his mouth watching his fishes swim by. Me? Not so content with my hair still falling out (it's getting worse) sitting in my robe and now I notice I have a big blob of spit up on me. Nice. 4:44. Make a wish.

1 comment:

DNA said...

If it makes you feel better, I'm losing my hair still by clumps as well. I could have braided what fell out today. It's very disturbing.