Sunday, August 27, 2006
The family that coughs, sneezes and sniffs together..
...stays together.
We were quite the picture of familial bliss here on the couch. JT and I were taking turns sneezing and sniffling and then Kevin would blow his nose. At one point we all coughed at the same time and JT's eyes got wide.
I woke up yesterday at 9, made some coffee and felt my head start to swell and nose start to run. By ten o'clock I was feeling like poo and called to cancel on my friend. I didn't accomplish much more than that phone call to her and JT and I proceeded to sleep the day away together. I was awake long enough to suck down a bowl of soup, a granola bar later in the day and something else that I don't remember right now and promptly fell back asleep. I woke up (again) around 7:30, we watched a movie together and I was asleep again by 10:30. Kevin woke me up around midnight and made me gargle warm salt water. Gross. He told me it would make me feel better, or at least make my throat feel better. I had to gargle three times. Gross. Gross. And gross again. In my other post I said I was going to blame seasonal allergies. I took a Claritin to see if I was right. I was wrong. It made me feel a tiny bit better but the cough, one runny nostril, one stuffed nostril and the sneezing prevailed.
Props to the hubby, he was right - my throat did feel a little better today. And I felt better enough today to sweep, mop the kitchen and mop the hardwood, dump the expired food in the fridge (not much this time!), pull out the shelves and wash them, rearrange the fridge shelves and make a grocery list. Meanwhile he got his office painted and cleaned up and back in order.
It's back to work tomorrow for me and my head cold. Good night and achoo to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment