Friday, August 25, 2006
Times they are a-changing
It's Friday night, about 8:30 and where's the family? I'm in my robe, Kevin's in his jammies and JT is laying between us making spit bubbles on the bed. We all cuddled in to watch the Rangers and spent more time watching the Monkey. We put him sitting up and see how long it takes for him to topple over. It's not long, by the way. He managed a tripod position for about 15 seconds and got oodles of praise from us. That started the smiles again which were quickly interrupted by another sneeze.
The poor kid is catching a cold. Kevin was sick last week and is almost 100% and I've been feeling cruddy for the last 3 or 4 days. **If you don't like gross, skip down to the next paragraph** Last night my nose was feeling stuffy and runny. I hate that feeling, make up your mind already, you know? So I washed my face, brushed my teeth and grabbed a tissue and blew. I have never, and I mean never, had snot like this before. I almost considered this medically interesting and wondered if I should save it. Maybe I could get paid from PPD for the sample. I don't even know how to describe it...it was almost like a piece of tissue, flesh tissue, not toilet tissue. It had form, it wasn't runny, and it was tinged with blood. Anyway, it was a solid piece of gross junk that came out of my nose and I knew I was officially sick.
Ever since I can remember, since I've smoked, I've gotten sick in August or September. I wind up with bronchitis and/or strep. And every year I'd quit smoking during this illness and fool myself into thinking that I would stay quit. And every year I'd light up with the rationalization that if I smoked while I was sick, it would hurt so bad and taste so gross that I'd surely never light up again. Right...guess again.
I was certain, almost positive, that since I wasn't smoking anymore I wouldn't get sick this year. No such luck. Instead of blaming the smoking on the sickness, I'm going to blame seasonal allergies this time. And dust. Maybe it's the cedar fever. It could be mold. Maybe
it's a severe reaction to not doing the dishes for the last three days. I bet that's it...
Poor JT is sneezing often, has a cough that looks as pathetic as it sounds and is a little wheezy. No fever yet but we're keeping an eye on it. I gave him a small shot of Baby T as a prevention. It's been working for me the last few days, I figure it's good for him, too.
My life has suddenly become hectic again. I'm on mom duty from 6am-9:30. Working 10-7 during the week, back on mom duty from 7:30-11:00 pm and now I'll be working on Saturdays getting a house ready for sale. Tomorrow will involve getting a game plan together and a list of things that need to be done. And calling the realtor. And finding boxes. And making the house look like someone lives there but doesn't. Making it look appealing to people that may not like what we did. And sweating. There's going to be a lot of sweating going on. Yuck.
I'm calling Shotgun for Sundays. For me. Sunday belongs to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations on the house, Jori! And, you relish your Sundays. They are a precious commodity.
Love you!
Sorry to hear about JT getting sick. There is nothing worse than watching our little ones suffer when there is not much we can do about it. I hope you feel better soon, too. Good luck selling the house. I'll be thinking happy thoughts for you.
Post a Comment