Saturday, September 16, 2006
Graduation
JT has graduated to the next carseat.
He's now sporting in a Britax Roundabout, courtesy of the crazy lady I met off Craigslist. Okay, she's not really crazy. I think lonely is the word. I had the carseat checked out within 5 minutes but it took almost 15 more minutes to get out of the house. I can say with all honesty that I did not use call control. Had I done so, I might have gotten out of their sooner. She took me around her house to explain how the pack and play tent works and how much they paid. She showed me buckets of clothes on the porch, tried to entice me with words like, "it's Guess" and "Never been worn" and "this is a real expensive brand". Thank you Craigslist lady but I'm (still) not interested in buying more items from you. "What about a jogging stroller, do you have one of those?"
When I got home last night I brought the car seat in and brought in the infant base from the car. It really doesn't seem like that long ago that we stuck our little Monkey in the seat with socks on his hands on his way home from the hospital. At a little less than seven and a half pounds he was swimming in it. When I took him grocery shopping on Thursday night I looked in the backseat to see him with his head turned and looking at me. Over the top of it. At that point I knew it was time and I wasn't rushing this.
I set the new seat in the living room and let him check it out. He smiled real big at it and I like to think it's because he thinks it's cool but I'm sure that's wrong. It's just something new. I set him in it and fastened the straps and sat back to look at him. He shoved a few of his fingers in his mouth, started talking and banging the side of the seat with his other hand. He was sitting up straight, trying to lean forward, his legs looking longer than I remember them being and looking like a little man.
It makes me a little sad....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats on JT's graduation. We are very happy with our Britax. Good choice. Now you get to look forward to having him ride face forward at a year old. I thought that day would never come when Zane was a baby.
Post a Comment