Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Gap Baby or Biter Baby?

Believe it or not, this is pretty clean First time with food to actually bite.
The sippy cup is still something to knock on, not drink from. Looks like someone's ready to play Disc Golf with Dad.

After numerous comments to put my kid in modeling and to be a Gerber baby, I was persuaded to enter him in the Gap Baby contest. So I did. We'll find out some time next month if he was chosen to be one of their new models. If he wins, not only will he get a years wardrobe out of the deal, he'll go to a photo shoot, get his picture hung up in the local Gap store AND a $5000 dollar scholarship.

JT had a blast using his chompers for practical use last night. After boob juice, peas and peaches, he still managed to find room for a biscuit. He comes by it naturally...I can eat my way through a buffet, have my pants unbuttoned, gasping for breath and somehow still find room for a spoonful of ice cream and an entire bowl of whipped cream. Anyhoo, I've been calling them bitter biscuits instead of biter biscuits. Thanks to my brainiac husband for pointing out to me that there is only one 't'. Upon closer inspection he is right. As Carlos would say, "dee de deee!". If you're new to the parenting world and haven't gone the biscuit route yet, take my advice and schedule your biscuit time with bath night. Despite having a bath the night before, Monkey was throroughly crusty by the time he finished eating and I with the dishes. No amount of wiping was getting that off without taking some skin so I just plopped him back into the tub.

5 comments:

Rinny said...

Good luck to Cheeky Monkey! His eyes alone should have the judges swooning! If our kid is cute you better believe I am entering him/her in every contest known to man. Have to pay for college somehow!

Lora said...

There's that baby! I missed his cheeks!
There is nothing bitter about those biscuits. I don't know who has eaten more, Jake or his piggy mommy!
JT is a shoe-in for the Gap contest. I thought about entering Jake, but he looks like such a grubby baby in so many pictures. I guess they'd understand.

Team Manager said...

Best of luck to JT. How many pics did you have to enter and do we get to see? You are right on about the mess those biscuits can make. Even at the age of 3, I time Zane's messy desserts like ice cream, with bath night.

Yours truly said...

I had the option to do 5 I ended up with 4. The one I really wanted posted was ginormous and I couldn't get it cropped down to a decent size. I'll make an entry with the ones I used.

DNA said...

He's looks so boyish now! (aka: what happened to the baby?!) And ah yes, biter bisquit baths. Tried the Wagon Wheels yet? Those are a bit less messy. I even let him eat one on the rug.