Wednesday, November 8, 2006

JT's first protest

Fancy door hinges
Looking down from the 4th floor Walking onto the property The protest - immigrants vs Rednecks JT telling the Rednecks what he thought of their disgusting comments.
Looking up at the dome

Denise, Wayne, JT and I decided to take a tour of the capitol. Little did we know that we'd be walking up on a protest over the borders. Those of you who know me real well know that my nickname is Switzerland. I'm about as neutral as they come. I have a little hot streak in me about some issues but for the most part I can side with both on anything. I have a tendency to play devils advocate for both sides. (Bet you couldn't tell I'm a Gemini).

So this protest was pretty irritating due to the white bread folks hollering about the people crossing the border and taking "our jobs". Excuse me, Mr. Rebel Flag tshirt wearing, mullet haired idiot...when's the last time you applied to be a sanitation worker? Or wanted to be a landscaper in the 110 degree heat? Or was it the bus boy position that you wanted? Give me a break. You wouldn't roll out of bed for $4 dollars an hour so what's your beef with someone that will?

Signed,

The girl that cried when immigration came on a raid through her store and took people away.

No comments: