Sunday, November 26, 2006

Little Trees for Little boys

I was hoping for a big, live Christmas tree this year since we'll be the host family but with a wee one on the move it's best we stick with the tabletop tree that we already have. We just rearrange Baby Land a little bit and wa la! We have Christmas! My first step in becoming "homey" was this little Santa guy. I don't think I'll ever be as free with the decorations as Rinny or Lora as the thought of putting all that stuff up becomes horrible thoughts of taking it all down and remembering next year where I stuck it all. It's quite typical of me to put things were I'll be sure to find them only to not find them for a very long time. We can't find the tree topper so we're going to take a trip to the Famous Christmas Store. I'm almost positive that if we can't find one there we won't find one anywhere. I'm back from the FCS - didn't find it.

2 comments:

DNA said...

I'm having visions of a gated Xmas tree myself. And while I'm impressed/envious of others decorations, I secretly dread the thought of going down to the basement and digging mine all out. Thank you for saying you dread picking them up too. Somedays I think all I do is play pick up. Pick up the cheerio. Pick up the boy. Pick up the dirty clothes. Pick myself up and go to bed...

Spencer missed his cheeky buddy! Welcome home!!

Lora said...

I ended up getting my tree topper at the grocery store, of all places!
Thanks for the updates, you were missed!