Thursday, January 4, 2007
Bad news
I was sitting on the couch around 7:30 enjoying a lovely meal when there was a knock on the door. Nobody knocks on doors in the country because nobody ever shows up unannounced. If I Kevin was not at home I would've been in tears in a hot minute.
It's our neighbor. It's the first time meeting her.
Do you have a reddish colored dog?
A golden retriever?
Yeah, I think so. We just hit him.
Thankfully you can't go too fast down our road because of it's poor condition but any accident involving an animal and a car usually doesn't turn out well. The odds aren't on the furry guy's side.
I placed a call to the Caldwell County emergency vet place and a doctor called me back. Considering it's been over an hour, he's not bleeding out his rectum or mouth and he's still alive, we have the option to take him to Austin to the animal emergency room or wait until morning to bring him to Lockhart. There's a gash on his back and he hasn't moved his legs. The trouble is we can't pick him up. He already took a chunk out of Kevin's hand and won't let anyone too close. I finally took JT out there so I could see him for myself and to give Triever my kind words and prayers. He's laying there shaking under a thin blanket in the wet grass. The other 2 dogs are laying across from him whimpering. Winston nearly got his head bit off trying to get close to love on him. Six of our neighbors are out there with Kevin - Some with beers and some with propane heaters.
Updates as I get them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jori that's awful. Please keep us posted. Triever is a sweetie!
I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope he comes out of this alright. Best wishes.
Post a Comment