Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Headless in the new year

I was this close to having my head chopped off on New Years Eve. And the most horrible fact is that I would have died in a Walmart parking lot. That's another one of my goals this year - less money to Walmart. Anyhoo, enough about Wally World and more about my near decapitation. Mom-in-law, JT and I got ourselves out of our pajamas for the first time in many days and ended up in Austin at walmart. We picked up the necessities and then headed back out to the car. As I was loading the goodies in the trunk the wind kicked up something fierce and slammed the trunk lid onto the back of my neck. I fell forward into the trunk, Carolyn is saying something about if I was alright and I was too shocked (I feel SHOCKED!) to say anything but "ohhhhhh". I got myself together enough to back myself out of the trunk and back on my feet to get the rest of the stuff situated around the ever present but rarely used stroller. The guy in the gigantic truck that was waiting for my spot enjoyed quite a show. The end.

3 comments:

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

Can we laugh about this now? Because it's kinda funny. But I am glad that you didn't lose your head.

Rinny said...

I hope you aren't bruised or seriously traumatized! I don't know that I wouldn't have cussed. What a good mom.

Yours truly said...

Yes, go ahead and laugh. And I think the F word slipped out.