Monday, January 22, 2007
Then there were nights 4 & 5
Night four was similar to night three which I was satisfied with considering we through of the schedule about 30 minutes so I could see the end of the football game. By we I mean me. Bath time was good and watery until he crawled on all fours for his rubber ducky and was suddenly under water and the duck had launched itself across the tub. Tricky things, those rubber ducks. I admit that I didn't jump to yank his head out of the water (don't get all Andrea Yates on me) because I wanted to see that "natural instinct" and sure enough, up came his big head, eyes red and mouth spitting a cute little fountain of water. He looked at me a little surprised but his trauma was short lived once he spotted that duck. He sat down (slowly)and started blowing bubbles at it. 4 sneezes later he was out of the tub, in his jammies and in bed reading. Last night was more about flipping the pages, not so much the words. I have to learn to relax - I don't have to read every word on the page. JT is teaching me.
Tonight's going to sleep episode was right on track. Sign language video done, toys picked up, tv off and into the bedroom for story time and tonight was shorter than usual. He rubbed his eyes and tossed the books to the side until he found Fuzzy Farm and we looked at that for about 3 minutes. Last call and by 9:51 he was getting close to REM sleep (babies enter that first, did you know?) so I stood up to put him down. He popped up like he had some place to be and turned on the blubbering sobs before he even neared his bed. He makes it sound good, boy, and part of me hurts to hear it. What gets me through it? The silence I hear 7 steps down the hall.
He's getting better and better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome!!
Post a Comment