Monday, February 5, 2007
Williams Brothers - Sweep Around Your Own Front Door
[Speaking]
You know there are too many people trying to take care of
others peoples business and they can't even take care of their own.
What you need to do is take six months to mind your own business
and six months to leave other folks business alone. All I'm trying to say is:
[Chorus]
Sweep around your own front door before you try to sweep around mine
Sweep around your own front door before you try to sweep around mine
[Verse]
You smile in your neighbors face and talk about them behind their back
but if you found out they were doing the same thing to you, you know you
wouldn't like that. (Oh no) Who we're to judge, what other people do, take a look
at yourself, and you could find some faults too.
[Chorus]
[Verse]
Your always on the telphone puttin down on someone else
You need to take a little time, stop, look in the mirror and
check your self. We all have sins that come short from gods
glory today, So we don't have time to spread her say
[Chorus]
[Verse]
Put love in your heart where there is hate, you need to clean it up
I wouldn't let it be said I waited to late, clean it up, stop going around
talking about your friends, Don't you know that that's a sin
How can you critise some one else when you are doin wrong yourself.
Be careful how you through stones, because it might break up somebody's
home
[Chorus]
_______________________________________________________________
My previous post created quite a stir. I took a segment of a song and several of my viewers/readers/lurkers got their panties in a bunch. Wanted to know if it was about them. Did they say something they shouldn't have? Did they give me advice that I didn't ask for? Get over yourselves. I say that half-jokingly....
You've got to admit that people on a whole, are way to interested in the goings on of other people's lives. It's fascinating. It's intriguing. Sometimes it's disgusting but since it's foreign to you it becomes interesting. No harm done, right? Depends.
Do you gawk at the scene of an accident? Do you look to see if there are people in the car or on the ground? Do you try to spot some blood? I almost said I don't but I do. I used to be worse but now that I've been "the watched" I've managed to rein that in. I'll glance over now but I'm not putting on my brakes or moving over lanes to check it out. I used to do that because I wanted to know what was going on, it didn't involve me and it was disgusting.
I don't know where the point of this post has gone but now I'm exhausted. Take a look in front of your own door. If you've got some cleaning up to do I suggest you busy yourself with that before you start worrying about what everyone else is doing. Most likely it doesn't affect you one way or another. Take care of yourself and your own problems. The previous post wasn't singling any one person out. I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone. But anyway, if the shoe fits you may as well wear it now that it's on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And most times....the shoe fits perfectly! I haven't ever heard that song, but I think I may need to find it.
Post a Comment