Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Worse than I thought

This is just what I deserve for buying a brand new scale. I guess it's a good thing so I don't act so surprised at the doctors office the next time I go in. The scale is pretty fancy - it measures BMI and it just confirmed that I'm fat. If 161 wasn't bad enough I stepped on the scale to see it read 170. Then I moved locations and it said 172. What!?! I took it into the bathroom and it said 171.2 so I moved it to another spot in the bathroom. Same thing. I went into our bathroom and put it on the floor and when it said 170.8 I cursed at it. I immediately took my fat butt to the stair stepper and managed 48 steps in a minute and a half and burned 6 calories. Yes, SIX. That wore me out so now I'm here watching sign language with JT and reverting back to some of my old school exercises. I know better than to weigh myself right after eating. Granted, it was salmon, green beans, garlic toast and milk. Old habits die hard - I should have had just one piece of toast (or none) and half the amount of milk. Baby steps to the skinny jeans. I can't believe I just put myself out there like that.

4 comments:

Rinny said...

Weigh first thing in the morning. That is the best, and your "true" weight, is what I have been told.

And again.....all I can tell you is that I understand, you look perfect, and your honesty is amazing. You are braver than I.

DNA said...

I haven't scheduled my yearly yet just because I'm not ready to be weighed. How ridiculous is that?!

Amy Jo said...

Good for you! I was doing the same thing before I got pregnant again. Putting yourself out there like that worked well for me beacuse it gave me an extra level of accountability. Good luck!

Team Manager said...

I agree with Scarlett...weigh yourself first thing in the morning. My ritual is, after peeing, bare naked, before eating breakfast and with dry hair. Hey, what can I say, my hair holds a lot of water!! The important thing is to do it at the same time of day under the same conditions (i.e. empty stomach) so that you get consistent results.