Monday, May 21, 2007

Project Weanie

It's official and underway. For the rest of this month I'm cutting my pumping breaks down to 2 (from 4) and I'll continue feeding JT in the morning. If he asks for it at night before he goes to bed I will give it but I will not offer it. The first few weeks of June I plan to drop those pump sessions down to just once a day and continue the morning and evening feedings - if needed. The last week of June I'll stop pumping. I'll wash that bad boy, throw the parts into the sanitizer for one last spin in the microwave and put all the bottles and parts away. That's going to clear up a good amount of space in the cupboards! Once that happens I'll see about dropping the morning feed. I have a feeling that it'll be pretty easy as long as I drag my lazy butt out of bed and keep all skin from my waist to my chin covered up. If he even catches a glimpse of skin he's trying to get his arm down there for the booby prize. pun intended. I'm shooting for but not setting a deadline to have him weaned by the end of July. Who knows, he may surprise us all and quit earlier. And if this doesn't pan out? That's okay, too. No pressure.

4 comments:

DNA said...

Kudo's to you again! When I stopped pumping I think I was talking about dropping the pump from a very tall building, not washing its parts and giving it good care. Good luck!!

DNA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rinny said...

I wish you luck too, although I have no idea how difficult this will be. But I am behind you either way sister!
Happy Early Birthday!

Yours truly said...

Who deleted their post?!

And thank you, Rinny!