Friday, June 8, 2007
I can't help it
I realize I probably shouldn't be so excited about getting kicked out of our house but I love love love looking at houses that are for sale. I'll look at the super fancy ones, I'll check out the ones I know I won't buy but don't understand why 816 square feet costs 249K, and then I look at the ones in our budget. My criteria has changed over the years. Instead of looking for something in the city and close to downtown or work I'm looking for something with at least an acre of land, 4 bedrooms and a couple of bathrooms.
With that kind of criteria I pull up loads of manufactured homes. Trailers. Mobile homes. Whatever you want to call it. I don't think they'll be a time when people won't snicker or makes jokes about them. There was actually one down around the corner that rests on a few acres that is attached to the ground permanently. The land is heavily wooded, workspace out back...basic good things. I was interested but you know what gets me? It's that awful rough textured paneling/wallpaper stuff they put in the bathrooms and God forbid in the kitchen, too. It's never anything subtle. It's bold splotches of leaves or a million dainty flowers. Why haven't they upgraded that stuff? Anyhoo...
I found 2 other places (w/slab foundation) that I'm going to cruise out tomorrow to look at. It's about 15 minutes away from here but would about the same distance to work, maybe a little quicker. It's a 5/3 with 2400 square feet. I figure that's enough for a room for me and the mister, the little guy, an office, a spare bedroom and a junk room/play room/another child room. That might give us an option to keep the living room adult friendly! The taxes are super duper low and there's a pool. They house could use different color paint, the yard needs some TLC and flowers but that would be AOK. The surprise here is the realtor for it is the same lady that posted the letter on our door.
The other house is right down the street from the first house. It's a 4/2 but only 1550 square feet and the taxes on the joint are ridiculous. This house is a foreclosure and low on my excitability radar. I'll take pictures and look in the windows anyway.
I'm tired and heading to bed. I'm excited on the inside but my eyes are burning from the tears this morning. Goodnight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I already told you this, but some of the manufactured homes are better than flat foundation homes these days. Ask Uncle Mitchell. And don't be put off at all by the fact that the family calls him a slum lord.
To his face
And he smiles about it.
Post a Comment