Thursday, June 7, 2007

Mom and dad, I'm going to be swearing in this post...

Date: 6/7/07 Dear Occupant(s) XXX Street Name City, TX 12345 New Century ("the bank") has advised us that (our address) was foreclosed upon. If you are a tenant at this property, you will want to refrain from paying rent. The bank has begun/or will be beginning eviction proceedings. Please contact me for more information as the bank may be open to assisting you with relocation monies. Thank you, Linda V ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Yes, you read that right. The dogs barked up a storm and when I opened the door to see what all the fuss was about I found the above note stuck in the door. Long story short, our house is a lease to own. Last month, out of the blue, the owners wife called and said they wanted out. I questioned their motives since there were letters coming from the mortgage company to our address even though they live in the Dallas area. (This happened last fall, too "We can't afford the property anymore and want you to assume the loan or something". That is all fine and dandy but considering most lending agencies wouldn't do such a thing and if they do, with a large payment due, you're putting us in a bind. Their story was the lenders added in the property tax which inflated the payment. If these shit for brains people had any sense, they would have let us know what the situation was and we could have worked with them to prevent this. We let them know that we weren't just going to run out and get a loan since we didn't have any information about what was going on with the house. I asked them to provide copies of the increased note and then we'd talk about adjusting the payment and rewriting the contract we have. Guess who never returned our calls? Guess what assholes never provided any papers? Guess what inconsiderate pricks screwed up the dream I had as I pulled in the driveway tonight? I kid you not, I was coming home and Spooks, the neighbors dog, was sitting on the side of the road. He's a weird dog but he's great. Every day he goes and lays down at the end of the road for the bus to come and drop off "his kids" and then walks them home. And now Winston has started waiting for me outside underneath Kevin's car and comes running at me when I pull in the drive. I thought to myself, I hope we're here long enough for JT's dogs to go waiting for him after school. Thanks a lot for a whole bunch of nothing. In addition to this, I have a visit with my ob/gyn on Monday for a sonogram and blood work. According to half a dozen home pregnancy tests I am not pregnant but I have been having some intense female pain that warrants a look see by a professional. When it's painful (on the inside) to sit down you know it's time to take it up a notch. It could be an infection, it could by ovarian cysts, it could be....I don't want to think about that. So both situations have me holding my breath a little bit since I have no information to run on. I placed a call to the Realty lady that left us the bad news and we'll get as much info tomorrow as possible. And I'll wait on one butt cheek until I see Dr. Binford on Monday.

3 comments:

Rinny said...

Would you like to borrow my bad news rain shower umbrella? It is really sturdy and can handle a lot.

Bring your beverage of choice on Saturday and we will have a grand old time.

DNA said...

That sucks! As the daughter of a use to be realtor: contact your realtor, your lawyer, the bank...The bank isn't going to want a foreclosure and maybe, just maybe (depending on your credit), they'll work with you to rewrite a mortgage, or atleast give you first right to purchase with that agreement. A long, horrible process either way, but not hopeless. Can we go back to your flat tire story?! Sorry :(

Lauren said...

Shit! Take Rinny's umbrella and shove it....

Have you sourced out what legal rights you have? I agree too that the bank will want to avoid the foreclosure. As an aside, that's such a nice, polite way to put it. In Australia we just call it a good old 'reposession'.

Hope you can sort something out!