Friday, August 3, 2007

48 hours

The last 48 hours of my life have been spent hunched over the toilet, a bowl and pulling my hair out. I woke up Thursday at 5:15 am with a blinding pain through my right eye. I was out of it but very much aware that this was probably the number two worst migraine of my existence. Number one landed me in the emergency room and number three lasted 3 days and ended with the help of an acupuncturist. I proceeded to throw up every 20 minutes for the next two hours and finally passed out from the pain around 10:30. I woke up at one in the afternoon and I think I nursed JT, I'm not sure. I fell asleep again and woke up at 1:30 in a terror because Kevin had to leave for his eye appointment. He had cancelled it already so I headed back to bed and fell asleep after throwing up a few more times. I woke at 5:30 and still could have slept more if I wasn't dying of thirst. The trouble is that drinking just made me sick all over again. It was an uphill battle. So on and so on. Amazingly enough, all the tension and tightness in my left shoulder, chest, armpit and shoulder blade had disappeared. Unfortunately it all exploded into my killer migraine. Kevin was a dear and rubbed my head and he said he could feel a knot on the back of my skull. How's that for holding on to stress? He rubbed it so hard it's bruised today. I woke up this morning ready to go to court but the bitch was back. This time it was on the left side and put me back on a personal level with the toilet. Our hearing was at ten o'clock and he was back home by 11. It was him, the rep from the bank, their lawyer and the JP who didn't say anything unless Kevin asked her a direct question.
  • If we choose not to do anything we have 6 days to get out.
  • We can file an appeal within 6 days to give us another 30 days.
  • Go back at that time, pay a bond (like for rent) and then get a visit from the Constable after 6 days.
  • We need to hire an attorney.
Thankfully the lawyer for the other side was friendly enough to give us information and also mentioned that the real estate attorney gave us b.s. advice. She had told us that the bank wouldn't be willing to deal with us. That's a lie, just as Kevin had speculated. The rep from the bank said the bank would rather deal with us since we're already in the home, have a history of rent and obviously would like to stay (that's negotiable). So we're back to options again. We still haven't been approved for a loan by anyone so negotiating and wheeling and dealing with the bank could very well be our best offer. In our negotiations we will spell out all the positive things we've improved/added and list every item that is wrong with that house. Issues that would put the bank off in trying to get us out and the extra money that they'd have to put into it before putting it on the market. We've lived with these things long enough, we can weather it for a few more years while we make more improvements, wait for our credit to improve and maybe sell it down the line. Or maybe we stay. I know that I said a few posts back that I didn't want to stay. Now I'm torn. I have a hard time dealing with change and just staying put appeals to that part of me. As if the rain hasn't been pouring long enough, I get a letter today from a company that let me know that my checking account was involved in misappropriated information. An employee wrongfully removed and sold my information to a data broker that contained most of my personal information including date of birth and account information. *sigh*

1 comment:

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

Are you okay? How's your head? And WTH? Someone sold your identity? Can they go to jail? Bless your heart, you don't need this. Is there something I can do? Seriously.