Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I'll take "wha?" for 1000, please.

Kevin went back to the little tiny town to file the appeal. The clerk informed him that we needed to have a money order for 1000 dollars in order to file it. Tomorrow. In Lockhart. So off to the bank I went to get the money order so we can sit and wonder what next. It appears that the friendly lawyers were not so informative after all! We don't know what the money is for, nor do we know if we get it back. We are going on the assumption that since it is a "bond" that we will. Thank to our lovely EAP program, we also have a law benefit which matched me up with an attorney today. I called, talked to his secretary who told me, "He's in meetings all day so you'll need to leave him a message" and promptly disconnected the call. I called back, slightly irritated, and let her know she accidentally hung up on me instead of getting me to his voicemail. So the message was left and now we await to meet with him. We'll get a free 30 minute consultation with him and if we feel comfortable and decide to work with him we'll receive a 25% discount off his normal prices. Sounds good to me. Kevin has freaked out again after this running around business and uncertainty of what is happening. I'm sure the lack of tobacco isn't helping so I'm letting him get his freak out. I got home and we barely spoke 20 words. He ate his salmon and rice faster than fast and left me sitting in the living room with a full plate of food. I lost my appetite and put my plate away after two forkfuls of rice and a bite of salmon. Knowing that I can't really ease his tension or provide any answers kills me. The nurturer in me is going nuts. It is really frustrating to keep repeating over and over that "it's going to be alright" when it keeps dragging on and without any answers. I still haven't heard from the banker and the pessimist in me is shouting, "of course he's not! Then something would be going your way!" To make matters worse, some wackaloon called in at work tonight and told one of our reps that he needed help. When questionned about what he needed help with, his response was eerie. He proceeded to describe that he had just finished raping her sister (7 years old) and now he wanted to rape the baby (1). To make matters worse he said the 7 year old wanted to be like mommy...after he rapes her then "mommy sucks out the juice". What kind of people are having kids? This dude and his wife make Britney Spears look like Mother of the Year. At first I thought it was someone playing a mindless and completely twisted prank call to us. It happens. But after listening to the recorded call (3 times in a row) I felt sick. And I still do. I won't be getting that call out of my head for ages. My Lord, there's going to be lots of therapy in those kids future.

2 comments:

Rinny said...

I don't even know what to say. The last bit of the post disturbs me too. Did y'all report it? Keep us posted on the house ta-doo. Was the original contract ever found?

DNA said...

Ok. That is deeply disturbing.