Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Small towns are funny. I stood in line tonight at HEB watching the girl in front of me. She had a gallon and a half gallon of milk yet she put her item divider in the middle of the conveyor belt and planted herself in place. She wasn't budging despite the fact that the guy behind me needed room to put his 8 cans of tuna, 2 pack of soda and pork roast. I had grapes, a loaf of bread and a box of Bisquick so I kept trying to push my items forward. Girl in front of me wouldn't move and the man behind me, and his stale beer breath, kept inching closer and saying "...they don't sell the cheap cat food anymore...." Oh. Then the girl in front of me said ouch when the cashier broke open a roll of dimes. "...ow. That hurts. I hate it when that happens." I looked surprised because I know she's deaf. The cashier bagged up my three items. In three bags. Then asked if I needed help out with it tonight. Now it's time to resume packing. I'm making progress, I know I am, but looking around it seems like everything is still where it was. I'll need to unpack a few boxes, too. I'm attending this on Thursday to support JT's godmother and was planning on wearing one of her belts. One of the belts I packed in June because there wouldn't be a cause for me to wear them. Wrong! My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are coming down this weekend to watch JT while Kevin and I load and move stuff. We are anticipating being in the new place by Sunday, complete with Direct TV and C E N T R A L A I R !!! I arranged for the power to be on, garbage service in place (note to self: send check) and we're set. The garbage place was funny. Country as country gets - so much that I couldn't tell if I was talking to a man or a woman who's smoked for 30 years. (glad I quit). Currently we pay 108 bucks every 3 months with Waste Management. We didn't have a choice since the other company refused to drive down our road. This new place is only 56 bucks every3 months. Bargain! Okay...last thing.if any of you know my ex, if you could relay a message to her? I want my stuff back. Items that my biological father gave me that was from his mother. Some of my own baby items. Stuff that she doesn't have any reason to keep other than spite, I suppose. I've been politely asking her for two weeks to bring them to work and today I said if it was a problem I would come to her. I called and asked nicely. No answer so I paid a visit to her place. Her car was there and Tristan (her dog) was there. I stood and knocked for several minutes. Nothing. All I got were tears in my eyes because Winston and Tristan are brothers. So if you see her, please tell her I don't want anything but my stuff. Please.

1 comment:

Lora said...

This is the first time in a while that I was able to see any new posts. I don't know what the problem is, but I'm even having the same issues with my blog too. And it is from work or home, so who knows. Probably Google getting too big for its britches.

This is all wonderful stuff! I am excited for you guys and I can't wait for pics and stories and all that other stuff.

JT looks huge in his birthmonth pictures! Jake recently discovered ketchup too. It's like gold in these parts.