Thursday, August 23, 2007
WAH!!
I'm bursting with excitement and I've told the story over and over so here's the short version.
We liked a house. Then we were told they would do a credit check. We got sad and went to look at other places.
Then I got a call from the owner who talked to me ahead of 7 other prospective buyers - including one that put in a bid. She was moved by my message that I left after finding about the credit check issue. We talked around noon. I explained our story and where we were at. I told her my mom and I talked the night before and that if the Lord wanted us there He'd find a way. She asked when we could go look at the property and said to me, "Sometimes credit is not as important as character". Tonight! We will go look tonight.
We went to look at it. We fell in love. Even with the big nasty spiders. And the grasshoppers. And the tree frogs stuck to the side of the house. And the turtle laying on the deck (fake). And the pond. And the woods. After we were done dreaming and peeking in what windows we could peek in, we called her and she told us where the secret key was so we could look inside.
The hanging pot holder with the umbrella? From the Emperor's Palace in Thailand. She even went to live there a month after the tsunami to help care for orphaned children. We talked. We laughed. She asked us over and over again if we loved it. We did love it and the Boog loved it.
This is not so short but in the end we verbally agreed to buy the house! She will get the legal documents drawn up and will be back to pack on Monday. Our first payment is due September 1st and we could be in there by the end of August or first week of September!
God answers prayers. Thank you to everyone who was praying for us and helping us along. In all honesty and all cheesiness, we couldn't have done it without you.
Now who's coming to help move?!?! : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YEYH!!! I'm so excited for you! A house! A house with a pond?! YEHY YEYH YEYH!
Can I uncross myself now?
How wonderful! I can't quit smiling for you Jori! Let's celebrate!!!! Need boxes now? When is the moving party?
Let me know when the babysitter needs to arrive. I will need to arrange my busy schedule.
Post a Comment