Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Want a little corn beef with that?
So after 9 days my boobs are still filling themselves up with milk. I have tried compresses, expressing a little, expressing nothing, Ibuprofen, no Profen and still having trouble. I've read and heard people talking about using cabbage leaves. No. Really, cabbage leaves.
During my lunch break yesterday I stopped at Walmart to pick up some light bulbs, dog food and some cabbage to stuff in my bra. When I got back to work I locked myself in the bathroom and proceeded to rip off cabbage leaves and wrap them around my boobs. To their credit, it kept the ladies cool but the smell outweighed the coolness. I swear that people were standing a little further away when they brought files to me. After a while I would forget what was in my bra and wonder what was stinking. Oh yeah, that's me. I went home and continued with the cabbage treatment until I went to bed. There was no way I was going to subject Kevin to cabbage boobs during the night.
I performed a check this morning to see if we made any progress and sure enough, my right one has deflated a little but the left is still up to its old tricks. Kevin said, "Don't forget your cabbage!" on my way out but I grabbed a padded cold compress out of the freezer instead. Today is dress up day at work due to visitors and I didn't want to wear cabbage with a skirt. Like white after Labor Day, it just doesn't go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I read that somewhere too. Glad to know that it works. Does it really smell that badly? One of the additional treats of motherhood no one ever mentions.
Love you.
cabbage is the remedy, i swear by it!!
Thanks for the chuckles.
Ha! If I shoved cabbage leaves down my bra Spencer would be jumping up on my lap for a snack!
Post a Comment