Tuesday, December 4, 2007
2 years
Tomorrow is the anniversary. It is the anniversary of a car accident that brings me to my knees every so often. Most times it's done in the privacy of my car, some times it's done at work as I stand in the bathroom. And sometimes it makes me cry so hard I throw up.
12-5-05 I took my lunch break from work as usual. I ran a few errands on the south end of town and I stopped by the gas station on my way back. I pulled out of the gas station, entered the intersection and the next thing I know I am spinning and I've stopped facing the wrong direction.
I was 5 months pregnant with JT. It took me a few seconds to realize what had happened. It took a few more seconds for full blown anxiety to kick in. I spilled my coffee, peed my pants or my water broke. Or all of the above. I couldn't get my door open. I couldn't figure out how to get my seat belt off. Then I saw the lady in the street screaming and pointing. I couldn't hear anything except for my own heart beat.
I looked to my right and saw someone on the ground. Face down, leg up on the embankment, shoe off, blood trickling off the head. Dead.
Happy Fucking Anniversary.
************
Sorry for the language. I know a couple of you are going to suck in your breath when you see the F bomb plastered there. It's just....it's just....that's how horrible I feel some times. And truth be told, that's as much as I'm going to say on here about that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sending you big hugs from central TX.
With ever fiber of my heart and soul I love you and hope that once everything is done with this, it can be put behind you. It is awful. It stinks. And it has to have an end. All things do.
Post a Comment