Wednesday, December 12, 2007

More than you need to know.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper is good. I get very excited to wrap presents but half-way through I get irritated and it looks like a 2 year old wrapped it. Maybe I'll let JT wrap this year. 2. Real tree or Artificial? We've had artificial. We can't find it since we moved so we're going to chop one down on the property. Maybe. 3. When do you put up the tree? Last year it was the first week of December. However, if you read the above question you'd know it's up - outside. 4. When do you take the tree down? New Year'ish 5. Do you like eggnog? Nope 6. Favorite gift received as a child? If I can unwrap it, I like it. Except the turquoise velvety sweater type thing that had silver tinsel running through it that I got from my ex-girlfriends mother. When I went to return it the lady looked at me with a blank face and said, "Can't. This was purchased 3 years ago." 7. Do you have a nativity scene? No. But I imagine it's something I'll get eventually. Just like the Christmas Towne I think I should get each year but I don't. I'm very wishy-washy. 8. Hardest person to buy for? Myself. Can you believe it? 9. Easiest person to buy for? JT 10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? Ohhhh, I already answered that. 11. Mail or e-mail Christmas card? Neither. To my credit, I busted out the Christmas cards I bought on clearance last year and signed a bunch of them and addressed the envelopes. However I am missing zip codes so they are buried somewhere on the counter. You may get them next month. Or never. 12. Favorite Christmas Movie? For someone that doesn't like cartoons, I like Charlie Brown's Christmas. 13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In years past it's been the week of Christmas and I'm "that guy" at Walmart on Christmas Eve. 14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No. Well, just White Elephant gifts for the next years White Elephant party. 15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Turkey, potatoes, gravy, fudge - pretty much whatever'll fit in my mouth. 16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Both. 17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night. 18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This year it's stay at home! 19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? If I google them. 20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? We've got Texas sky and stars above our tree(s) 21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve and stocking on Christmas morning. I think. I get confused with all the wrapping paper. Either day/way, you still end up with piles of paper and a big mess that I'm freaking out about. 22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I concur with Lora - "Traffic and jerks and the guilt I feel every time I pass a bell ringer for the Salvation Army." 23. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? One man's junk is another man's treasure. 25. Which looks best theme trees or homey trees? Homey trees as long as they aren't overflowing with oodles of stuff. 26. Gingerbread or sugar cookies? Gingerbread. 27. Do you like Fruitcake? Nothankyouverymuch.

1 comment:

Rinny said...

Keep your eyes peeled and see if you can pick out the recycled white elephant gifts from last year on Saturday. There is at least one.