Thursday, January 24, 2008

Obviously I didn't get to my listing of the ooh's and ahh's of JT and him being 22 months. This morning I discovered that he's 25 pounds now. And I think he's finally growing upwards so his head doesn't look nearly as large. Yeah right....He might be up to 31-32 inches tall. Pants are dangerously short and his shirts are starting to take on a half-shirt appearance that was popular back in the day. Today not so much. Time to scrounge Craigslist for a new wardrobe. His second molars are erupting on his top shelf which is making eating a chore. Meaning he doesn't want to. He'd still live on a diet of grapes, strawberries and Instant Breakfast if we let him. And raisins. Most nights we put out tiny bits of food and we end up with most of it in the garbage. Most children should be able to . . . Follow two step directions -yes Imitate others behavior - yes. He's quite good, too. Show good signs of bladder control - no. He'll pee 15 times in the tub and then poop. Start to learn up to 10 words or more per day - he may learn them but he doesn't say them. Some children will probably be able to . . . Like puzzles - we don't have any puzzles. Identify several part of body - you say it, he'll point to it. Walk down stairs with some assistance - almost has forward walking down. Form short but complete and understandable sentences - nope. Open and close doors - and bangs them. Some children could possibly be able to . . . Put on and take off clothing alone - with struggles, yes, but tries real hard. Start understanding opposites (hot and cold, etc.) - I think he does Form three or four word sentences - Nope. Use up to 40 or more single words - No can do. He's getting better at words and I'm done worrying that he's got a problem (I share Amy's pain) as he's starting to repeat when you ask. Still his favorite phrase is "eight nine" and "mo". Mo stands for more or Elmo. It's up to us to decipher. He still signs thank you and please and more and up and all sorts of things. He'll get there. And he had an Oreo for the first time last night. He's in love.

3 comments:

Rinny said...

this kid is too cute!

Team Manager said...

No puzzles?? Would you like a few? Zane was quite interested in puzzles by JT's age and I went a little overboard buying them for him. We have way more than Brody will need. I will gladly pass them along if you are interested.

The peeing in the tub won't stop for quite some time, LOL. And Zane still has us dressing him most of the time. But I think it's more of a control thing for him. And perhaps he's just lazy.

Happy 22 months, JT!

Lora said...

please say JT will fit 18-24 months. I have tons of stuff, now that I found out I'm having a neice