Andi and I took our kids to the Nature Center at Zilker Park. At first glance through the website I thought the entertainment value might be limited for a couple of three year olds but I was proven wrong. After a bit of a trek beyond the closed down visitor pavilion and a street that I SHOULD have parked on, JT and I landed in the middle of the fun stuff. We saw a bobcat, a coyote, a coati and rabbit. The coati stunk like nobody's business. The musky smell was so overpowering JT told me to get out of there! They had a birds of prey area and we saw falcons, vultures, hawks and owls and a few others I missed. Andi and I got a little spooked on the way into the bird part because there were two wild (what we think were) foxes running around. I tried to get a picture with my camera phone but it was so blurry I could have said it was a picture of Bigfoot and you'd be none the wiser. The best part of the visit was the Dino pit where the boys, and Avery, dug and dumped and poured and brushed off bones of dinosaurs. Thank you, Andi, for remembering your camera. : )
"Je'T, can I hold your hand?" Evan pronounces JT's name with a French accent. It's beyond cute!
They were saying Cheese, but to the leaf.
They laugh together like they've been friends for 30 years.
Off to get some shovels.
Men At Work.
Inside the dino bones!
I'm more interested in the birds. JT wanted a stick.
Friday, November 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment