We headed to the mall last night to visit Santa, take the picture and ride the train. As we rounded the corner we saw the huge line. We stood in it for about 3.9 seconds and then had to break JT's heart because the train was out of order. We grabbed a pretzel and lemonade and headed up the stairs. Little did we know there is not a toy store in the mall. We rolled our eyes at each other and headed to Toys R Us. JT picked out a toy or two or three or four and could barely get beyond the Thomas section. Look, there's cars! It's Batman! It's a truck! It's a T-Rex! It's a 75 dollar T-Rex..look at this other thing! He settled on a fire truck and I grabbed the big truck he wanted. Kevin took him to the bathroom while I paid and threw the surprise in the trunk.
New hat and mitts
Scared of the escalator
Heart-broken and sobbing over the train.
The Cars -
Last week it was the timing belt and two others on the Camry, this week it's the Galant. Today I hung around the house while our friend replaced two belts on the Galant. It was no surprise when he said I could drive it up to the store if I had to but he didn't recommend it until we replace the radiator. *sigh* So during JT's non-existent nap due to revving engines in the garage below his room, I scoured the internet for the best price. All things considered, we're getting out of this relatively cheap as we're paying for parts and our friend comes and does the work for cheap labor.
But why all this during Christmas? It's another lesson in patience and frugality for the Ballew family...
We just finished stringing popcorn and cranberries. JT managed to poke himself a few times but didn't give up trying to do it himself. Well, I guess he did after the fifth poke when he declared it my job and then he'd just push it down. What he ended up pushing down was about a cup of dried cranberries down his throat. And after telling me over and over again that we had to save the string for Santa to eat, he ate it.
2 comments:
Tell him to save some for me.
that sweater and hat is adorable!
also, I strung popcorn once and it looked amazing but I swore I'd never do it again. Now that I see that JT did some, maybe next year I'll do it with Jake. That way it can be a tradition and a way to force him to stay inside during December in years to come rather than him running all over the place with his friends.
Post a Comment