Saturday, May 1, 2010

This pregnancy

I've been rather mum on this pregnancy.

There have been far too many horror stories that I've been hearing about or reading about that makes me completely paranoid.  Too many losses.  Too many weird stories.  I'm afraid I will jinx myself if I talk about it.  I'm getting old.  The chance for genetic chaos is on the rise. Let's just say that saying this much makes me nervous.

The nausea is still around but with less severity.  I'm not taking the nausea pills every day any more but earlier this week I had gone 2 days without it and ended up throwing up a couple times.  I'm beginning to gauge when I need to take one to stave off the sickness for a few days.

I'm officially back to the weight I started out at when I discovered I was pregnant.  11 weeks and 2 days pregnant without an ounce of weight gain.  I'm getting the hard little knot in my stomach that I can feel when I stand up or sit down but disappears when I lay down. 

On Tuesday, Kevin and JT will join me at the doctor for the first ultrasound.  Maybe then I will get a little relief...

No comments: