Friday, August 20, 2010

Pretty well set

First, let me give kudos to JT who is taking on the task of writing with a new vengence.  Thank you to his Nana for getting that going again. 

Last night he got sick again.  I think it's a milder version of the croup that I headed off at the pass or this kid has the worst sinus drainage problem in the history of the world.  I have NEVER seen so much vomiting over what seems like spit.  Either way, it settles into his chest within 12 hours and now we've got a cougher on our hands.

I wrote him a little get well letter and a few minutes later he said he was going to write me a letter.  He wrote the letter I.  Then he looked up in the air and mouthed the word love and proceeded to jot down the L, the O and a shaky V.  He wedged the E in there and then pointed at me with a smile on his face. 


As for Boo, I think we're coming right along.  We don't need any more clothes from newborn to 6 months.  My friend Valerie has me covered from that age on.  We have a swing.  We have a tummy mat, we have toys from JT's room and from the second hand store.  We have the bedding.  We have the dresser.  We have the Suguarluxe in the room. 

What we do need is a piece of plywood for JT's bed so we can take the crib springs back.  We don't HAVE to paint but I think Kevin really wants to do that.  And yes, it'll pink.  I can't help it.  I'm tempted to do this..


 

3 walls in the light pink, just the one in the darker one.  The dresser is against the darker wall, the crib will go underneath the picture. 

The picture needs to be raised and moved over more - right now it's just sitting on the nail that was already there. 

The bed that's in the room will be moved in front of the window, opposite the dark wall, for the immediate future since Kevin's mom will need a place to lay her weary head when Boo arrives.  It's not fair to completely strip the guest room of accommodations right away, is it?  : )  The tv will need to go.  $20 bucks and it's yours!  I need to find some curtains to cover the blinds since what came with the set is just a valance.  Search, search, search....

For now we're skipping the pack-n-play.  Our goal is two-fold - use the crib from the get-go and avoid the co-sleeping situation we had with JT.  It wasn't horrible, mind you, but I think we're going to need more restorative sleep this time around.  Minding your knees and elbows and head with a newborn gets a bit precarious.  

We can use the top of the dresser as a changing table.  Just need a little pad to go on it and we're set.

Oh, and a name.  We still haven't decided on a name.  And by we, I mean me.  I haven't told Kevin I'm flipping again.  I've got a list of 12 (ack!) and I am at this place where I feel like I need to see her to pick the appropriate name.  I'm still not taking suggestions and still not sharing the decision until her birthday.

Despite my constant hunger now (I'm talking every two hours I need to have something in my mouth) I'm still on track with my weight gain.  Only .8 over where I should be.  I might be able to thank the vomiting for that.  I've discovered that sometimes I eat so much at once because I know I'm going to be hungry again so soon and then my body says forget you, lady! and I throw it up.  It's a vicious cycle.  

The next doctor appointment is on 8/30.  I'll schedule my c-section then.  The date chosen will be more on the doctors availability rather than anyone's desire to have her born on a certain day.  I realized I was getting a little crazy/sensitive over comments regarding the dates "to pick" and I had to stop and kick myself.  If she happens to wait for the c-section, that day will still be hers.  It's not anything more or less than that.  Your memories or connotation of that day are still yours, not mine.  She'll just happen to add joy to what you already associate with that day.  Her birthday, whatever day it is, will become mine.

JT was born at 37 weeks, 5 days.  If Boo comes that early, we're talking about delivery time anywhere between November 3 and November 11, 12, 13 for the 39 week scheduled - but wait, do doctors even schedule those on a Saturday? The time is closing in and I'm getting antsy...


No comments: