Wednesday, January 5, 2011

We are going to have to invest in a rechargeable battery system at the rate we're going through D batteries for this swing.  Any opinions on the best one?

It would be super cool if she'd learn to sleep in this!  She's a little young for this but not for long.  Thank you, Val, for sending this over.


On Monday, JT and I took down most of the ornaments from the tree and packed away all the knick knacks around the house.  I'm waiting on newspapers to finish wrapping the ornaments that don't have boxes - how does that happen?
Today's routine was thrown off a little considering we were up way early today.  Sara and I were up at 6:00 and JT was up, dressed and downstairs by 7:10.  He was proud of himself for making the bed by himself and took on another chore of feeding the cat.  Last night's chore was putting the clean silverware in the drawer.  I initially thought 15 minutes to help with chores would allow him to do a few things because really, how long does it take to put silverware away?  Well, for JT it takes 20 minutes. 
"Is this a big spoon or a little spoon?" 
Little. 
"Oh, okay.  Yep, it's a little spoon.  I'll put it in my spot."
Good job.
"Hey mom?  Is this a big fork or a little one?"
*sigh*
But once he was done, he put the basket back in the dishwasher and proclaimed victory over dishes.  I like where this is going...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Me too !! I have a feeling he will grow up to be a sensitive, caring, sharing man and not a worthless male that can't, won't do anything that might be construed as womans work. There are soooo many of them out there & it is good to know JT will not fall into that category. You will have raised him right.
Such a cool kid !!!! Hugs to JT.

Unknown said...

I forgot to mention that both of them are drop dead gorgeous.Of course, you already know that.