Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wow - I think.

JT's shoes were falling apart at the seams (literally) and looked like poop (there was, literally, dog poop on them) so we made a family outing to Target yesterday afternoon to purchase some new kicks.  I'd love to see him sporting a pair of Converse.  "I don't care what he gets, just not velcro, please.  You're too smart for velcro, aren't you, JT?" I asked on the way in.

We put him on the foot chart.  He was over the line for 10's (what he was wearing) and his foot on the 11 was near the edge but had a little wiggle room.  Sure, he'd likely outgrow them in a matter of months but whenever I say that he stays put and doesn't grow.  For example, he weighed 40 pounds last week and I was so excited - this week he weighs 38).  Kevin was of the opinion that it's better to buy up.  He ended up with size 12's.

Kevin pointed out the Toy Story 3 shoes.  Considering everything in JT's life right now is TS3 (slippers, legos, trains, clothes, sleeping bag) there was no going back.  I had to walk around the shoe aisle to refrain from saying, "See that strip of black noisy stuff? That's velcro."  Anyhoo, he's got shoes that aren't falling apart nor covered in dog crap.  I think they look ridiculously huge on him but I couldn't convince either man in my life that they might be just a little bit too big.   And have velcro. 

I'll live.

JT is ready for school.  He finally understands that he won't go to school on March 23, the instant he turns 5.  "Not March 23rd, mom, that's my birthday.  I'll go to school in next September, right?"  I keep telling him I'll miss him when he goes to school.  He keeps telling me not to. "I'll just be at school and making friends and eating snacks and lunch and then I'll be right home!"


Sara is doing just fine.  We got tomorrow for her 2 month appointment and shots.  I've fiilled a diaper box with clothes that no longer fit.  Many of her sleepers are out of the question because of her giant feet.  In some clothes/brands she's wearing newborn, in others she's wearing 3 months.  Some outfits will fit, then by the next washing they've shrunk or she's grown.  Either way it's amazing.  She's quite the night owl, preferring to sleep most of the day away.  In the early evening she's content to lay and look around quietly.  She's likely to wake up around 9 when it's time for JT to go to bed.  If she's not pooped, she's up for several hours while I wish for sleep.  Last week she was sleeping most of the night (11 - 6 or 7) but the last few nights have had her up every 3 hours again.  This is likely my last post about her sleeping through the night because I seem to jinx it.  : ) 




As much as I'm loving the lazy days of maternity leave, I'm starting to go crazy (hence the call for Zoloft again) and realizing once again that I must not be cut out for stay-at-home work.  I've been in contact with my unemployment lady and working on applications.  Filled out a few for some positions for the State of Texas (various departments) that are in San Marcos.  The commute in the morning would be nothing like what it is for Austin jobs.  It's nowhere near what I was making 3 years ago but it'll be a foot in the door, if I can get it, and can hopefully maneuver my way around and up.  I still don't have an inkling of what I want to be when I grow up.  I'll be 40 in 4 months, when will I ever know?  Ever? 


The least exciting of my news is I started back on the mini-pill 3 weeks ago, got pimples back as of this week and in two weeks I'll get the Depo shot and my Essure implanted.  No more babies, brothers, sisters or grand kids from this chick.

1 comment:

Lora said...

Hooray pimples!
I have this soap that cleared up my nasty back in days. I had those big cyst ones. Want me to send you half the bar? It's huge, and dermatologist recommended, and it's at least a 4 year supply because it works so well.

Sara is gorgeous.

New shoes always look like clown shoes in my house too.