Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I submitted my resume to a company on Friday night, got a reply from the owner on Saturday morning, sent her back the answers to the 12 questions she asked me to complete on Sunday night and on Monday the posting for the job was removed.  I was hopeful.  I was looking forward to this one.  Family culture was promoted and I wanted something akin to what I had a Supportkids. 

On Monday I waited around with my phone in my pocket all day.  No call and no email.  I kept my phone near me on Tuesday.  No call and no email.  Today I kept it in my purse and didn't care if it was on or not.  And guess what.  I didn't get a call and I didn't get an email.  I'm so over them.

We had a Ballew family outing today since both kids had doctor appointments.  They called JT 5 for the sake of argument and he weighed in at 42 1/2 pounds (55%) and is 41 inches tall (43%).  I've always thought JT was a bit shrimpy but apparently he's average.  Way to go, kid. 

Sara has gained 2 pounds in 2 months so now weighs in at 13 pounds, 7 ounces (47%) and is 24 1/2 inches long (61%).  Long and lean in Ballew terms.  She's babbling up a storm, found her squeal and found her lungs when she got her shots.

JT begged each nurse and receptionist and the doctor if he could please not have shots. He's current so he didn't get shots.  But that didn't stop him from repeatedly asking Dr.Chiapetta if he could please not have shots.  She finally told him to look at her and read her lips.  "No. Shots. Today."  He talked her ears off like he does us at home and I was happy someone else got to be on the receiving end of his non-stop diatribe.  Talk about diarrhea of the mouth!
Each question she asked, he replied with a drawn out explanation.  She asked him if he could count to ten, he answered yes then proceeded to count, out loud with his fingers but he didn't put his fingers up in time with the verbal counting to he had to start over.  She asked him how many parts on a person if he drew one.  She gave him a pad and pen and he drew a head, two eyes, a nose, a mouth, 2 ears, a belly, a belly button, 2 legs and 2 arms.  "Dr. Chiapetta?  A person has 13 parts." 

When he was up on the table, she asked if it was okay for her to look at his man parts.  He didn't answer right away (good boy!) so she asked us if it was okay.  We said yes, then she turned back to JT and said, "It's only okay if mom and dad say it's okay."  I liked that.  She pulled down his underwear and said yep, there it is.  She asked if he could move the skin or if it stayed in place and he showed her it moves.  She asked what he called it and he laughed and yelled, "It's a PENIS!"  Just to be sure Dr. C was on her game, he informed her that on the other side of him he has a butt. 

She asked if we had concerns about either.  I mentioned Sara's popping shoulder - completely normal.  I questioned the shape of her head - completely normal.  The doc said, "I'm not going to let you find anything wrong with this girl."

Then I brought up JT's squeaking.  Still going on, still driving me crazier than everyone else.  I try not to bring it up to JT but there are times when it's make me go mad.  "Can you stop squeaking, please?"  "Huh?"  "The squeaking, can you stop?"  "I told you, mom, that I can't.  I do it to keep me calm."  Then I wonder what he's got to be calm about when he's just sitting there?  "Never mind", I say.   Then I had to Google everything under the sun and self-diagnosed him with Tourette's and Aspergers because he also hates to wash his hair and REALLY hates washing his face.  She asked how often he does it and I said all day.  That was a complete lie because he doesn't really do it all day, it just seems like it.  After a little back and forth, she said the less we address it, the more likely it will go away.  If it increases or other "tics" appear, let her know.  I like how she summed up JT as he was talking, talking, talking..."I would describe JT as persistent and a little OCD."  Kevin and I looked at each other and laughed...we have no doubt where he got that from!

1 comment:

Lora said...

your kids rock, squeaks and all.

Jake hates to have his hair washed too. I hate washing it. His hair rarely gets washed.

Also, he had a cracky hip as a kid. He grew out if it, just like the doc said he would. She said lots of kids crack, and it's no big deal unless it lasts about a year after they start walking.