Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Another Doctor Appointment

Today we are 14w3d pregnant. Today's visit went well with the doctor. I went alone since I thought it was just going to be to discuss my blood work and other silly stuff. I met with the Physician's Assistant today instead of my doctor. She was quite thorough and answered all the questions I had. I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes on. We declined any additional testing. I was treated to a listen to BB's heartbeat. The doctor scared me for a minute because while she was listening she kept scowling. I think she was just concentrating and counting or waiting for the numbers to display. It was really neat to hear BB's heart going a hundred miles a minute - okay, 140-150 beats per minute. According to old wives tales, heartbeats of less than 140 bpm means it's a boy. That's good news for one Grandma, bad news for the other. What can we do?! : ) Our next appointment is on November 8th where we'll get to find out if BB is a boy or a girl! Don't forget to place your wagers! *wink*

No comments: