| 7.5 - 8.5 lbs | Baby |
| 2 lbs | Amniotic Fluid |
| 1.5 - 2 lbs | Placenta |
| 1.5 - 2 lbs | Breast Tissue |
| 3 lbs | Blood Volume |
| 2 - 2.5 lbs | Uterine Muscle |
| 4 lbs | Water |
| 8 lbs | Maternal Stores |
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
9 months on, 9 months off
But really, who wants to wait a whole 9 months to lose their baby weight? Give me my body back already, right?
Pre-pregnancy I weighed somewhere between 125-130 according to the scale at the house. At my first ob/gyn appointment in August to confirm the pregnancy with ultrasound my weight was 138. Okay, so we'll use 138 as the starting point. At my last visit on March 21st I weighed in for the last time and used that weight for admission at the hospital. Let's preface the unveiling of this number with this: if I was a female boxer I would be in the Heavyweight class. *jab jab*. The scales tipped at 188. Watch out for my left upper cut.
You've done the math already, right? So where did all those pounds go?
I've used 2 different calculators including the one on my phone and those numbers still don't add up to 50. They must be using that New Math I've been hearing so much about.
I didn't think to get weighed after JT was born and didn't think of it until yesterday. And I'm happy to say that I've made some progress. Even with the elephantitis. On Tuesday I weighed 175. Today I weighed 169. Granted, I've lost some of the fluid in my legs finally and I've revisited my ankle bones without a padding of water.
As soon as I get the AOK from my doctor I'll be hitting the road with my babe in his stroller and husband at my side. After all this laying around, walking will be like heaven. Wearing normal fitting clothes will be a treat. I wore maternity pants the other day to the doctor's office and caught a glimpse in the mirror. Not only were they comfortable, but they were also ill-fitting. Since I didn't have a belly anymore, well - not like I did, the elastic panel in front was drooping below the bottom of my shirt. Not very attractive. No, sir.
I'm excited to see the changes my body makes back to pre-preggo and can't wait for the results.
I'll miss you, McGriddle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment