Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Where's Jack Hanna when you need him?

It's my first night at home alone with JT while Kevin and his mom go to the store. All is quiet and peaceful. I've changed an exploded diaper with ease and no crying. He took the left breast without any game playing. It's a great night. WHOA!!! My crazy cat has brought a freaking bird into the house and it's flying around the living room! I guess I panicked because I called Kevin. Not sure what he could do but I called him anyway. I tried to catch him with a pitcher and a cardboard lid. Had I known I'd be trapping birds in my house I would've put a net on the registry list. It's bad enough that the ceiling fan is going so when this bird gets the urge to fly he bounces off the walls, ceiling and close to the fan. I'm going to go insane if he explodes when he flys directly into the blades. There. Ceiling fan off. One less distraction. But jeez, can a new mom get a break here? I've got the boy feeding and a random bird flying in my living room? For pete's sake! I finally caught the bird. He's been released. The end.

1 comment:

John said...

You crack me up!!!