Wednesday, March 29, 2006

General Cluster

JT has a new nickname - General Cluster. Cluster feeding is awesome. Not. What this means is he is contantly at the breast for hours at a time. And I mean hours. And just when we thought we had this issue taken care of, he starts us again. So every other night I sit up in bed all night switching the sucking machine from side to side. Heaven forbid I get him out of sight of the boob. He'll suck for 10 minutes, pop off (literally - POP!), sleep. As soon as I put him down he starts fussing, rooting and screaming, "GIVE ME MORE! I'LL SURELY DIE WITHOUT MORE MILK!" So back we go to start the process all over again. Except now I've learned my lesson and we're doing some sort of co-sleeping sort of thing. Does falling asleep sitting up count as co-sleeping? The results of the billirubin came back just a bit lower than the previous days number. That's good news on this end so we don't have to keep going back for heel sticks. All we need to do is watch his coloring and make sure he's still eating plenty. Ha - no problems here! JT makes sure Mama Feedbag is in close proximity at all times. It about killed me yesterday - I didn't take one picture of him. I picked up the camera a few times but thought, how many cute sleeping baby pictures can I possibly take? I'm sure I'll make up for it today. Look for a new cute sleeping baby picture tonight or tomorrow.

No comments: