Thursday, April 6, 2006
Follow up
Today I had my follow up visit with the doc. Too bad we couldn't do that visit via telephone. I swear I spent more time emptying my bladder and breastfeeding than getting checked out.
The nurse took my blood pressure, weighed me, asked me what we named the boy, did we choose circumcision, how's the jaundice, am I breastfeeding, any problems with me? Joseph Thomas, no, fine, yes, doing good.
At this point JT decided it was time to eat again. The nurse said she'd move things along. Dr. Binford came in, asked me how I was doing - told her besides the random bouts of sobbing I'm great. She looked at my incision, said it looked great and keep it dry. I asked her about the numbness and the knot I'm feeling. Now that she explained it to me it makes sense. Seven layers of stitches and yes, I'm going to have the swelling for awhile and the nerves are the last to completely heal so the numbness may be there for months, although it will gradually increase in sensitivity but may never feel exactly the same. That's fine by me.
I was looking forward to hearing about my restrictions being lifted. (Man! I just realized I missed another episode of The O.C.!!) Anyhoo...restrictions. She said, "Okay, you can start driving now. Just make sure you try it out in the driveway to make sure you don't feel any pulling when you go from the gas pedal to the brake. I'd like to see you in a month and until then, no exercise, still no lifting anything heavier than your baby and no sex". I must have given her a look because she looked and me and then at Kevin and said, "Sorry!" She didn't sound sorry.
So I'm as good as I can be. No crying today. I almost did but I held it together. Yay me!
No cute pictures today folks. JT wore himself out laying around in other people's arms and spending the rest of his time in his car seat. He's now conked out in his bouncy thingee. Maybe later tonight but most definitely tomorrow!
Until then....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sounds like we are neck and neck in this recovery thing. just a few more weeks to go until we hit that 6 week mark! i'm thinking of you and jt every step of the way!!
Post a Comment