Thank you!
Denise,
Thanks for the mattress. It came this morning while I was trying to catch up on my lost sleep from last night. The nursery fairies set out to finish the crib and finish they did. Curtains were hung yesterday and with the mattress arrival today the nursery is complete. Much love to you and Wayne from the whole family!
*****************************************************************************
I guess my days now start at 1:00pm. I lose track of time after the first feeding and by 9 am I'm finally dozing off to sleep while Kevin gets up and starts his day. The little feeder sounds his alarm around 11:30 and begins my morning ritual:
- Hurry to the bathroom before he gets to cranky
- Pre-Feeding diaper change
- Turn the TV on
- Drink a bunch of water
- Get the pillow adjusted just right
- Latch
- Relax...or die trying.
After the burping and the gas, we set off to his room for the Great Post Feeding Diaper Swap and to pick out which blue onesie he'll wear today. Good thing he looks good in blue, that's about 98% of his wardrobe.
The 3 of us - Kevin, his mom and myself - are wearing ourselves out. We collectively decided to postpone the Fredricksburg trip until next week. Although it doesn't seem like much, we really have done a lot. To be completely fair, Kevin and his mom have really done a lot. I've felt like the contruction foreman - sitting around and watching things happen. Yep, that'll be fine. Sure, why don't we hang that there. No, skip the valance. Looks good. No thanks, I'm not hungry. Yes please - 3 Ibuprofen would be great. People....as luxurious as this laying around business sounds I don't recommend it. Unless you have the great knack of not getting irritated at not being able to take care of business on your own. (That was a lot of "nots" - did you follow?)
My big task today is to get the little Froofer cleaned up. Froofer would be my dog, Winston. It's just a matter of getting the clippers out and getting myself down to the floor. After that it's smooth sailing until it's time to clip the nails. Wish me luck folks. Here's the before picture. I'll post the after later tonight.
I have to add what a good boy Winston has been with JT. To be honest, he's been a bit of a Momma's dog his whole life. We were a little worried that he'd get jealous of the baby and the lack of time for him and playing Go Go Go. We've done alright. Winston still gets his love; maybe more since he's always guarding his "Petey" and we still find time to play the games Winston loves. Anytime JT cries, Winston is right there to see what's going on and check on him. Yesterday he gave JT a little kiss on the top of his head. Too cute.
Good news? Weight is down to 155, I'm not Emotionally Incontinent today and the breeze is strong enough to fluff the clothes on the line. That's what I call a good day.
After Phase 1 - Scissors and Nail clipping. It may be awhile before we get to Phase II - The Clippers.
No comments:
Post a Comment